Although it is unfortunate there is no dedicated cycle path along the Danube between Vienna and Budapest, it does mean that our inland route is free from crowds of tourists and cyclists. Travel on safe, tranquil roads, through beautiful countryside far away from mass-tourism. It is mainly flat with small inclines along the two largest lakes in Hungary.
Highlights of this cycling holiday:
- Bicycling on three eminent bikeways:
Danube Cycle Path, Lake Neusiedl Cycle Trail & Lake Balaton Cycle Route
- National Park “Donau-Auen” along the Danube River
- Getting to know 3 famous capitals: Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest.
- Romantic medieval city of statutory free town Rust
(also known as the „City of storks“ at the Lake Neusiedl)
- Memorial site of the "Pan-European Picnic" 1989
(First hole in the former Iron Curtain)
- World famous Esterhazy Palace (“Hungarian Versailles”)
- Spa town Heviz with the unique natural Thermal Lake
- Largest freshwater lake of Central Europe: Lake Balaton
31st March; 14th, 28th April; 5th, 19th May; 10th, 23rd June; 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th July; 4th, 18th August; 1st, 15th, 29th Sept; 13th Oct 2019
(advice only, not included) By air to Vienna/Bratislave/Budapest Airport. Transfer Budapest back to Vienna by bus, train or hydrofoil